Friday, January 29, 2010

Oops!

Well, it has been a while since I updated - so sorry about that.

Not a whole lot to report right now, except that I am currently recovering from a pretty bad head cold that started on MONDAY! Yes, today is Friday and I'm still fairly congested. Decided that since my schedule was pretty forgiving, I would just scratch this week, because next week is the same and I wanted to be fully recovered so I could give it my all.

This weekend is the Oyster Festival at Boone Hall, so I'll be super busy with that - 65,000 lbs of oysters will be loading in tomorrow in the pouring rain and 49-degree weather. Sunday will be chilly and muddy, but should be great weather for oysters and fun!

Next week's schedule:
Monday: 3.5 miles
Tuesday: 2 miles or cross-train
Wednesday: 3.5 miles
Thursday: rest
Friday: 40 min. cross
Saturday: 5 miles

Also, you people aren't doing a very good job of holding me accountable, so please work on that! I was also just given a $100 gift card to Half Moon Outfitters so I can get some new running clothes - anyone have any suggestions for clothes? I wear Champion brand stuff from Target right now. Also, need to get new shoes since I think that might be part of the cause of my shin splints. Suggestions/comments/feedback are welcome and appreciated - let me know you're out there!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I've been REALLY bad this week too... that's two weeks in a row now. I promise to do better and to encourage you this week as well! Hope that you are feeling much better!

    Also, do you have a place that will fit you for shoes in CHarleston? The ones I got fitted at FleetFeet in Columbia have really made a big difference in my leg pain/shin splints. You should come visit me and get fitted.

    Have fun eatin & playin with oysters!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete